Nav Bar

Friday 24 October 2014

Autumn Treasure Hunt .. Princess And Mummy Time!

19th October 2014

Not posted for a couple of weeks, still getting used to the new preschool routine and the walk kills me everyday! Its now half term which means I have a break from that killer walk everyday .. Woohoo! Got a quick chance to post what we have been doing over the past week before I go to bed.

Last weekend we had a bit of a lazy one, but on the Sunday Aiden went off with daddy for a walk along the river which gave me and Keira a chance for some 'mother, daughter time' which is always nice :)

Wanted to do some more Autumn related stuff before Halloween so I printed off some work sheets I had found on Netmums and we ventured off to the park.

 
We took a bucket and a pen and went through the park ticking off each thing as we found it and collecting some aswel. I told Keira about the different trees and the shapes of the leaves that fell from them and also any seeds or berries they may have. We also talked about the colours of the leaves and the sound the crunchy leaves made when we jumped on them.
 
 
 

We had a lovely afternoon and although I know Keira wont remember everything I told her she learned some things. On the way to school the whole week she has been pointing out Sycamore seeds to me :)
 
We got home and using an owl printout from naturaldetectives.org and some leaves and other bits we collected we made him look very colourful. Keira wanted to do another so I drew a quick picture of a hedgehog and we again stuck on some leaves and made him look colourful and prickly! We then stuck googly eyes on them.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment